Key Dates: 2020
Graduates are encouraged to set reminders about these dates in their calendars and to watch their email closely for updates and instructions.
- 2 March: Deadline to file Application for Graduation in order to be invited to register to participate in the Hooding Ceremony
- 9 March: Priority deadline to register to participate in the Hooding Ceremony
- 17 March: Final deadline to register to participate in the Hooding Ceremony
- 18-19 March: Grad Fair (CANCELED)
- 23 March: Deadline for faculty regalia rentals
- Faculty may rent or purchase appropriate regalia for participation in Commencement exercises, including the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, from the KU Bookstore.
- Doctoral candidates may purchase appropriate regalia from the KU Bookstore.
- There is no deadline for regalia purchases. However, you should expect approximately five weeks between ordering and receiving your regalia, so please purchase early!
- Please contact Trish Jess in the Bookstore with any questions about regalia.
- 24 March: Grad Fair (CANCELED)
- 31 March: Grad Fair (CANCELED)
- 16 May, 7:30 p.m.: Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
- Doors will open for General Admission seating at 6:30 p.m. Guests are encouraged to arrive close to 6:30 to select a seat.
Parking and Map
The Lied Center is the venue for a number of commencement events on that day: please plan ahead. We encourage you to allocate extra time before and after the event.
You can also download the instructions.